Coaches shall conduct themselves properly at all times.
1. Take all reasonable precautions to insure the safety of each youth.
2. Take whatever action necessary to control the actions of their fans.
3. Be accountable for all UFC issued property, fields, and buildings, including equipment located on the field or in the building being utilized.
4. Report all injuries or damage to school or county property to UFC within 24 hours of such occurrence.
5. Report to UFC any inquiry into the policy of the program or possible violation thereof, as well as whatever action has been taken.
6. Abide by all UFC rules and regulations.
7. Insure the cleanliness of facilities upon completion of his or her activity.
Under no circumstances will a coach:
1. Use profanity at or to any youth, parent, or official.
2. Physically or psychologically or verbally abuse any youth on his or her team, or any other team, referee, UFC volunteers (coaches, TSLs, etc.), or UFC contractor, even in jest.
3. Strike, push, or shove any game official, another coach, or a spectator.
4. Drop any youth from participation without the action first being approved by UFC. UFC must be notified immediately if any player is suspended temporarily for disciplinary reasons.
5. Represent himself or herself as an officer or spokesperson for UFC to any group, committee, or county agency without approval of the UFC board.
6. Pressure any youth into participation by informing the youth that if he or she does not play this season he or she will be ineligible to play on the team next season.
7. Offer to any other group or organization use of any UFC equipment or facilities without approval of UFC.
8. Condone the use of any drugs, alcoholic beverages, or any other undesirable activity.
It is a privilege to be a player/member of Unified FC Youth Soccer Club (UFC). I understand that I must follow the rules of the club and the League in which my team plays. I further understand that in order to remain a player in good standing I must follow these rules.
1. I will respect the game of soccer and its laws. I will learn these laws and try to follow them. I will play the game fairly.
2. I will show respect for the authority of the referee, even though I will sometimes disagree with his/her calls.
3. I will work for the good of the team and conduct myself with honor and dignity.
4. I will show good sportsmanship before, during and after games. I understand that soccer is a game, and that the players on the other team are my opponents, not my enemies.
5. I will help parents and fans understand the Laws of the Game so they can watch and enjoy the game better.
6. I will be sure they (parents and fans) understand that dissent is not permitted.
Soccer is a wonderful sport and a passionate game. We should always remember our attitude is contagious. The referees, the players, the coaches and the fans should come together to match wits and skills. The other team is our opponent not our enemy and thus should be treated with respect.
While winning is important, I/we recognize that playing well and fairly is the essence of the game. I/we will set a good example to my/our child in his/her soccer development by adhering at all times to the following:
1. We will not criticize the referee openly or directly before, during or after games. Any criticism shall be done in writing (to UFC or the appropriate League with a copy to UFC), not verbally.
2. We will only give positive feedback to players.
3. We will cheer at all games within the spirit of fair play and shall do our best to cheer the effort regardless of the outcome.
4. We will be mindful in “lopsided” games where cheering our own “winning” team might be misunderstood.
5. We shall do our best to teach our players to become students of the game.
6. We shall find the “little successes” that our children have during each match.
7. We shall show the quality of our sportsmanship during and after each and every match and help our child remember to thank the referee after the match without regard to the result.
8. We shall do our very best to have our child prepared for every match.
9. We shall support the learning effort of the players, the coaches and the referees by demonstrating our patience.
10. We understand that improper behavior at a match, practice or other UFC Club sponsored activity may result in a parent being asked to leave the field or the event by a referee, TSL (Team Sideline Liaison) or UFC Board Member in accordance with The Laws of the Game and the specific rules of the League in which your team is a member.
11. We shall leave the coaching to the coach during match. We shall do our best not to give our child instructions during the match.
12. We understand that (upon review) UFC can, and will if necessary, suspend our individual privilege to watch our child play should we behave in a manner that is rude or otherwise offensive.
13. We agree to do our best to have as much fun watching the game as the players should have playing the game.
No member, volunteer, employee or contractor of Unified FC, LLC (UFC) shall be subjected to harassment, intimidation, bullying, or cyberbullying as it relates to UFC activities on and off the field. For clarification, harassment, intimidation, bullying or cyberbullying means, but is not limited to, any written, verbal or physical act, or any electronic communication, shown to be motivated by an individual’s actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry or ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical, mental, emotional, or learning disability, gender, gender identity and expression, or other distinguishing personal characteristic, or based on association with any person identified above, even in jest.
Furthermore, no member, volunteer, employee or contractor of UFC shall engage in or knowingly tolerate any such behavior harassment, intimidation, bullying or cyberbullying on or off the field as it relates to any teammates, other youth or teams, referees, UFC volunteers (coaches, TSLs, etc.), or UFC employees or contractors.
The UFC Board of Directors and Rules & Discipline committee will respond quickly to any and all allegations of harassment within the organization. Any violation of this policy may involve a disciplinary hearing and/or action, including suspension or expulsion from UFC and related activities.
Our mission is to promote good sportsmanship throughout the organization and encourage qualities of mutual respect, courtesy and tolerance in all participants, coaches, officials, volunteers, employees, contractors, and spectators.